Bulgaria Bulgaria Bulgaria

For whatever reason a couple of Bulgarian stories were brought to my attention this past week, both of them amusing but awfully embarassing. The first one is about Valentina Hasan, who sang in a reality show in Bulgaria called "Music Idol". It's called "Ken Lee". Yeah. Singing about some Chinese dude, right? Have a look...



She's become kind of a celebrity in Bulgaria out of that. Good for her, I guess. She sure has a lot of chutzpah.

The next story comes from an Olympic qualifying tournament for women's ice-hockey. Here's the excerpt from Yahoo! news:

With more goals than minutes in the game, Slovakia’s women’s ice hockey team claimed an amazing 82-0 victory over Bulgaria in Olympic qualifying... Slovakia outshot the Bulgarians 139-0 during the 60-minute game, played in Latvia... Bulgaria was eliminated after scoring one goal and conceding 192 in the tournament.


That's 1.36 goals every minute! I don't know about you but I don't think this is a good show of sportsmanship. Stop at 10 or something. This is terrible.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ever since I saw the clip, I've had the song in my head. hehe