Importance of Prayer

As a Christian, I pray on a daily basis. But without getting into theology, there are some real physical and spiritual benefits that people get from prayers.

Prayer has been cited as one of the best forms of stress-relief in several studies. Being able to talk things out has always been a good release valve for me. I get to share my highs and my lows with those I love. But when I'm alone, prayer is the way I get my release.

Prayer can also be a good way of encouraging others. When folks are down in the dumps, when I offer to pray for them, regardless of what their religious backgrounds/beliefs are, they usually accept my offer and look visibly encouraged that someone cares.

Practically speaking though, I find prayers to be most effective in the low points of my life. It's in those desperate prayers where I find true source of strength, hope, encouragement and inspiration. When things look more bleak than it had ever been before, a ray of light shines through. Life is like that. It has it's highs and it's lows. If it hadn't been for prayer, I'm not sure if I would've made it in as good a shape as I have or as far as I have thus far.

That's why I think prayers are important. Prayer has been really effective in my life and maybe it could work for others too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I feel a little empty when I don't talk to God daily. He has always provided for me when I sincerely asked. Thanks for sharing your thoughts on prayer.