Small Groups

For today, I wanted to share a few positive experiences about small groups. When I say "Small Groups," I'm talking about a small group of people gathering to form something like a mini support community. Support groups have always been a very effective way to share ideas, to gain accountability and to support each other through rough times.

If support groups work for alcoholics and smokers trying to break a bad habit, then why not extend the concepts to the regular guy next door like you and me who do get into sticky situations every so often?

From experience with my own small support group, I have found great friendship and great support through my good and bad times. With my group, I never feel alone through any troubles and because the group is small enough, you don't forget one another and you remain accountable for each other's well being. Overall, I think the support group has helped me to remain on an even keel at all times. I am a better person as a result.

So for those who are thinking about being intentional in starting small support groups, I highly recommend it. Groups of upto 8 seem to be most effective.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

and you found the perfect photo to go with it!

Anonymous said...

I love the photo and I think small groups are really valuable once you form trusting relationships with the members.